SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Last Minute Gift Ideas for Grandma

Mother's Day weekend is here! It is too late to place most online orders for Mother's Day delivery so I wanted to share some sweet DIY gift ideas for grandma. It is no secret that these have been trying times. My daughter, even at age three, can express to me that it has been hard not seeing grandma and grandpa like we usually do. I think now more than ever, it is super important and would be extra special to make something homemade for grandma for Mother's Day. 

This was taken a few months ago, one of the last times we saw grandma in person!
1. Bake grandma something yummy!
I am not a baker by any means, but my go-to recipe is a hummingbird cake
It is a great Mother's Day dessert. 

2. Make a handmade card for grandma with craft supplies around the house.
You don't need anything special to make a sweet birthday card. You can use paper, glue, dry pasta noodles, markers, paint, whatever you have on hand! It will always be special.

3. Stop by a local nursery or grocery store and buy grandma a plant for her garden.
I love giving plants as gifts because they are the gifts that keep on giving. I have a special section in my garden for plants that have been gifted to me. 

4. FaceTime with grandma for story time before bed.
We have been doing this lately and it would be super special to do on Mother's Day. We call grandma   on FaceTime and she reads us a bedtime story.

5. Cook grandma a delicious dinner and drop it off on her porch. 
I am much more of a cook than a baker so this is more up my alley. I am a soup maker so I would make grandma soup or stuffed cabbage rolls. It would be extra special to make this meal with your little one and deliver it to grandma with a note.

6. An "IOU"book 
Ask your little one all the things they want to do with grandma when they get to see her again, print them out and make a cute little IOU book for grandma to redeem when the current situation has passed. 


Happy Mother's Day!

No comments :

Post a Comment