SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

14 Ways to Come Out of Quarantine Better Than Ever

It is no secret that this time has been hard on a lot of us. Whether you are a heath care worker pushed to your limits or a stay at home mom going a little stir crazy- we have all experienced major changes lately and it is especially important to take a little extra time for yourself. Some of us might have all the time in the world right now for ourselves. Whichever camp you are in, I think it is a good idea to use this time at home to better ourselves in one way or another. Today,  I am sharing some products that have made me feel a little better during quarantine. I use all of these items regularly, but they have been my go-to products for comfort as of lately. For me, I feel my best when I look my best. I grew up with a mother who was a hair stylist, so beauty days have been a part of my routine since I was little. The little things, like taking care of your skin, can go a long way in make you feel good about yourself. 
Ok, whitening your teeth is probably on the bottom of your list of things to do, but it is such simple thing to do that can yield such dramatic results. I use white strips all of the time. I put them on in the morning before I take a shower and leave them on while I shower. Since we have extra time on our hands right now, I think it is a good idea to get into new hygiene habits. If you are anything like me, I have been drinking coffee so much more than usual in quarantine so my teeth need the extra care.

Essential oils are ESSENTIAL to me. I absolutely love them. I love the ritual of them and the sense of calm they give me. Lavender is my favorite and I use Young Living oils. This diffuser is so pretty.

Nordstrom brand pajamas are one of my favorite brands. This set is perfect for lounging around the house. Nordstrom brand pajamas are known for their softness! Top here. Bottoms here. 

Lately, I have been paying close attention to my water intake and trying to get in as much as possible. I realized a few weeks ago I was really slacking in the water department and it left me feeling lethargic and also made my skin look so yucky! This cute water bottle could be a friendly reminder to drink more water. 

Since I did grow up with a mother who was a hair stylist, conditioning treatments were always part of our beauty days. A few years ago, my hair was over-processed and it all broke off. I literally had like no hair. I used this conditioning treatment a lot to help rebuild my hair. I would shampoo my hair, towel dry, then apply the conditioning treatment out of the shower. Leave it on with a shower cap, under heat if possible, for at least 30 minutes. Then, rinse off in the shower.

I may have been in my family room for the past month, but I am definitely going to look like I just got back from Jamaica when this quarantine is over! Sunless tanning lotion is one of my favorite ways to boost my mood. Seriously, I don't know what it is, but having a little glow makes me feel so happy. Placebo effect, I guess!

If you want to really feel chic while lounging around the house, these have been my go- to. I tried my first pair of Birdies recently, and now I am a devout follower. They are SO comfortable and beautiful.

For some reason, I feel like I am sleeping way more during quarantine. This silk pillow case is a dream to sleep on. It does wonders for your skin. We spend a good majority of our life sleeping, so we misewell take advantage of the time we spend snoozing.

Epsom salts are a necessity for my baths. I try to take a bath once a week and I will put in bubbles, epsom salts, and essential oils. I really load up the epsom salts. They help me to relax and sleep better. Make sure you light a candle during your bath time! Makes all the difference. 

Fresh brand is one of my favorite skincare brands. I try LOTS of skincare products because I truly just enjoy trying new things. This mask is one of my favorites. We all could use a brightening mask.  

I love these "lists" books. My anxiety has been pretty low during this time, but I know a lot of people have elevated anxiety right now and this could really help to calm it down. I also don't watch the news or google any news related stories. 

I put collagen protein in my smoothie every day. I like that this really has no flavor, but amps up my smoothies. Collagen protein is good for skin & hair, but also just good in general. I cannot tolerate whey protein, so I always use collagen protein. 

Fresh skincare, again, is one of my favorites. This exfoliator would be great to use before using the Nectar Face Mask (#10 above). I exfoliate a lot, through exfoliating scrubs or chemical exfoliants. It is a great way to get the dead skin cells off of the top layer of your skin for a more fresh appearance. 

I bought this roller thinking OK I will try this just because I am a sucker for trying new products and I was surprised at how much I love it! I roll my skin after I apply my serum and my lotion for nighttime. I don't know if it truly does anything, but I like to think it helps reduce puffiness from my face. I tend to have puffy bags under my eyes because I have allergies to pretty much everything on Earth (even my own dogs!). I find it really relaxing to roll my face. 

Shop links above or below.



No comments :

Post a Comment