SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Hello, 2020!


I absolutely LOVE a New Year. I love creating goals and plans for the upcoming year. I could spend hours thinking of all the possibilities the next year holds. It truly is a magically positive time of year!
I am a firm believer that a goal without a plan is just a wish. You can have goals all day long, but if you don’t put action behind your goals, they will never be reached! I am also a huge fan of the vision board. I don’t necessarily think there is some magical force that manifests your dreams to come true once you Elmer’s glue some magazine clippings to a poster board, but I do believe that you are given a vision and it is your job to make the vision come to life. The first step to making a vision come to fruition is to put your ideas on paper. Something about having a physical form of your dreams really helps embed it into the physical and make it more real. I have made vision boards once every about 5 years for the past 15ish years of my life and it is truly incredible to see what you can create once you put the ideas together and get the ball rolling! Since it is a new decade, Greg and I are making new visions boards. We are also writing down all of the plans we wish to do throughout the year. Whether it is a family vacation or a Chinese dinner on New Years Eve, we are planning every little thing because otherwise it just doesn’t seem to happen on its own.

On top of making plans on things to do (i.e. I am already planning next years Christmas décor LOL), I like to set New Years resolutions. We usually write down our wishes or goals for the year with the date. We put them into a jar and keep it sealed until December 31st of the following year. It is so fun to read then on New Year’s Eve and see which ones happened during the year. 


One of my most favorite things is filling in my new planner for the year. I love this one from Erin Condren.


Here are a few of my resolutions for this year:

1. My biggest goal is to really focus on blogging, which I have always wanted to do, but it also requires me to get some help from a sitter (a big step for me!). I would love to have my own project. I love being a stay-at-home mom, but there are only so many hours in the day I can pretend to be Peppa Pig J I also have this desire to help people, especially in regard to infertility and IVF, so I would love for my blog to be a platform to help people. 
2. Monitor sugar levels and consume a low carb diet (I have a sweet tooth so this is hard for me!). This past year I had blood work done that revealed that my glucose levels were slightly elevated so I really want to work on keeping sugar & carbs out of my diet.
3. Walk my dogs 5 days a week (the poor things hardly ever get walked- I need the exercise, too)
4. Wake up earlier. Let's face it; the only time to get anything done is while the baby is asleep! I would love to have two hours to work or workout before she wakes up for the day. This goal requires me getting Charlie on a regular bedtime schedule. Right now, she sometimes goes to bed at 8pm and sometimes it is 10pm! It would help us all if she had a better schedule. 
Enjoy every moment. If there is anything I have learned so deeply is that life is precious and time is a gift. I love to make plans and do lots of fun stuff because I thoroughly enjoy every second of life. I want to keep making beautiful memories because I know that life is a precious gift. 

What are some resolutions or goals you have set for yourself in the New Year?

No comments :

Post a Comment